2015年12月25日星期五

How to start a shadow-socks server

Since my pptp server didn't work well as expected, I decided to start a shadow-socks server. Fortunately, it's not a difficult task for a Linux beginner like me, and the price of VPS service is acceptable. ( I'm using Conoha VPS now and the price is about $9/month )
I chose Ubuntu 14.04 system since I'm a beginner.
At first, start the server and use ssh to log in the remote server. As a beginner, I just used the root account to operate, which is not a good habit. Since I didn't have a plan about starting a website or doing something else with the server, using root account can be more convenient because I didn't know whether I should add "sudo" before the commands that I was typing.
Commands:
  apt-get install python-pip(use the "apt-get update" command if failed)
  pip install shadowsocks
It's OK to write a configuration file for shadowsocks, but I thought that it's easier to configure it while starting.
 ssserver -p 1080 -k password -t 600 -m aes-256-cfb -d start
-p means port
-k means keyword
-t means time-delay
-m means the method to encrypt
-d means that the service can be background.(important)

Then I downloaded a client for Android. Since the UI is in Chinese, I googled the characters and got the meaning of these key items.
服务器  means server. I suppose that an IP address is expected.
远程端口 means remote port. Just fill it with the number after "-p" in the last command.
本地端口 means local port. 1080 may be the default number.
密码 means password.
加密方法 means the method to encrypt.

没有评论:

发表评论